General Assembly, 20th session, 3rd Committee : 1365th meeting
|UN Document Symbol||A/C.3/SR.1365|
|Convention||International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination (ICERD)|
|Document Type||Summary Record|
|Subjects||Racial Discrimination, Protection of Minorities, Equality|
TWENTIETH SESSION Official Records
Third COMMITTEE 1365th MEETING
Monday, 6 December 1965, at 10.50 a.m.
Agenda item 58: Draft International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination (continued)
Articles on measures of implementation (continued)
Article XIII (bis) (continued) 443
Chairman: Mr. Francisco CUEVAS CANCINO (Mexico).
AGENDA ITEM 58
Draft International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination (continued) (A/5803, chop. IX, sect. 4 A/592); E/3873, chap. II and annexes I and III; A/C.3/L.237, L.I239, L. 1241, L. 1249, L.1262, L.1272, L.1292, L.1305, L.1307/Rev.1, L.1313, L.1314, L.1317)
ARTICLES ON MEASURES OF IMPLEMENTATION (continued)
ARTICLE XIII (Ms) (continued)
1. The CHAIRMAN invited the Committee to continue its consideration of the proposed article XIII (bis) (A/C.3/L.1307/Rev.1 and A/C.3/L.1317).
2. Mr. RODRIGUEZ FABREGAT (Uruguay) endorsed the conclusion regarding the status of the Netherlands proposal (A/C.3/L.1317), which the Chairman had announced at the previous meeting. His delegation supported article XIII (bis) as proposed in document A/C.3/L.1307/Rev.1.
3. Mr. LAMPTEY (Ghana), speaking on a point of order, said that there was a possibility that document A/C.3/L.1307/Rev.1 might be withdrawn and a new text for article XIII (bis) introduced. On behalf of the African group of representatives, he proposed that the meeting should be suspended in order to permit consultations on the new text.
4. Mr. WALDRON-RAMSEY (United Republic of Tanzania) supported the proposal.
The meeting was suspended at 10.55 a.m. and resumed at 12.10 a.m.
5. The CHAIRMAN announced that the new text to which the representative of
Ghana had referred was expected to be available in time for consideration at
the following meeting. He suggested the adjournment of the present meeting.
The meeting rose at 12.15 p.m.
***** in U.N.